Job #: R-00017246
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Category: Technical Trainer
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Secret
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
WIN-T WAN Technical Trainer
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a WIN-T WAN Technical Trainer who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the TRADOC Cyber Center of Excellence Regional Training Center at Ft. Riley, KS providing subject matter expertise in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems.
The WIN-T WAN Technical Trainer is responsible for planning, organizing and maintaining a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned. This position will interface with military students to train the latest system curriculum for military training preparedness to setup, configure, operate, and maintain the system in the field. In addition, a successful candidate will use their military training and system experience, combined with their commercial training qualification to inject evolving curriculum with the latest commercial cyber security principals, enabling students to sit for commercial exams at the conclusion of training.
1) Curriculum Development:
- Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
- Adapt CompTIA, CISCO, etc. training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features and prepares participants for dual certification (commercial and military).
- Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
- Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
2) Training Services:
- Support training schedules for military units and Government agencies in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and or during field missions by way of Mobile Training Teams (MTT).
- Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
- Provides DoD 8570 certification training and testing.
- Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
- Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
3) Cross Training:
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary XXX systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
4) Continuing Education:
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree (25N, 255N, 26A). Waivable based on experience.
- 4 or more years' prior experience
- This position requires the technical understanding and experience with a combination of any of the following required skills: Must have WIN-T (WAN) , WIN-T INC2, IT Networking & Cisco Routing, Advanced Routing, KG-175D, and Virtualization (VM Ware) experience. Must have a detailed understanding of and experience with WIN-T/WAN systems.
- CCENT, CCNA and Network+ certification is required or can be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Obtain and maintain a Pearson Vue Certified Proctor certification upon hire.
- 1 or more years as an instructor (waivable based on experience).
- Additional advanced certifications
- Ability to develop, deliver, and revise training courses/programs
- Experience with commercial technical training
- Experience with military training
- Must be confident making decisions and working without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal communications, and presentation skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Technical Trainer4000DefenseLeidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.