At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join a dynamic team of engineers in the Visual Systems organization within Government Training Systems and Services to join our team in St Louis Mo. The management position will support a wide variety of military aircraft, T-7A, P-8, F-15 USAF/International, and AH-64 (Apache) aircrew training devices.
A successful candidate will work with other engineers to develop Visual Solutions in the area of Visual Systems (Constant Resolution Visual System, Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System, Multi-Mode Radar Simulation, Databases) for incorporation into high-tech aircrew training devices. The candidate will also Interface with the trainer crew station, database generation, and display groups as well as the end customer using the delivered products. If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field. The candidate will perform work in a rapidly changing and evolving environment and must/needs to be able to apply appropriate technical decisions to complex problems.
- Product development for Visual Systems
- Support Visual Systems, proposals, planning, scheduling
- Support systems level CONOPS development, requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration, functional analysis, and system design activities.
- Work with COTS hardware and software to build out the window training scenes
- Support all aspects of product development and delivery via the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Support system level integration and test planning.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Classroom or professional experience developing software.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace.
- The ability to obtain a US Security clearance (post start), which requires US Citizenship
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Experience Skills/Experience:
- A cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA. (Please list your cumulative grade point average (GPA) clearly on your resume)
- Knowledge of C++, C#, and/or Java.
- Prior Internship experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Limited travel may be required depending on the job assignment.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.