TSA Trainer at the FLETC campus in Glynco, Georgia
Training will include instructor guides; reference sheets; lab/exercise materials and e-learning strategies. Instructors will be responsible for training personnel by conducting formal classroom courses; workshops; seminars. Works with curriculum developers to develop instructor materials- course outlines; background materials; training aids); student materials (course manuals; workbooks; handouts and certification). Plans; coordinates; and conducts training and related instructional programs for customer personnel.
- Provide instructor lead platform training to TSA agents.
- Conducts training sessions and assists in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Attend train the trainer events for new training material.
- Coordinates logistics for instruction events; including scheduling classes; reserving classrooms; travel arrangements and preparing workstations.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness. Record student’s scores in TSA databases as needed.
- May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives. Maintain currency with SOP updates.
- Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- During non-instructor assignments maintain all required TSA and GDIT training requirements and conduct in-depth preparation to instruct new materials.
- Attend weekly conference calls to discuss program related material.
BS/BA Degree; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience in course instruction.
- Occasional domestic travel is required.
- Must be able to travel on short notice and may be required for up to 4 weeks periods for each travel evolution. Possibly greater than 25% travel.
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain TSA suitability during the length of the contract
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.