: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) in Baltimore, MD, is seeking to hire a Technical Skills Instructor. The candidate will be responsible for training personnel on manual & automated activities. They will also be responsible for training on equipment including, test technician tools (meters, probes, etc.), soldering, & wire bonding. They will work with subject matter experts to create appropriate training.
Job responsibilities include the following:
Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel. Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
- May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs.
- May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
- Requires BS in field relating to engineering, science or technology, with experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theory
- Expertise in Electronic Theory, Align & Tuning, and Trouble Shooting conditions is highly desirable. Intermediate proficiency in Digital & Analog Circuits, RF Circuits
- Computer Based Testing & Web Based Test development, a background in technical writing, Human Performance Technology or other related fields
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- Blended Learning experience
- Proficiency with eLearning software (experience with Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Adobe Captivate a plus.
- Experience delivering adult training/education.
- Experience in video audio recording/editing