a) Train and provide continuity and subject matter expertise to the General Staff (GS) Training and Education Directorate (G7) and assist other ANA Training and Education (T&E) organizations and assist the uniformed trainers of AIAT.
b) Assist the GS G7 with assessing, developing and conducting the International Military Education and Training (IMET) program; coordinate with NATO HQ and assist the ANA with participation in the Defense Education Enhancement Program (DEEP).
c) Assist the GS G7 with the development of training evaluation standards and incorporate them into the ANA Training Management Plan. Assist coordination and development of training planning and execution.
d) Assist ANA with the development, training, education requirements and liaise with advisors to ensure requirements are properly developed and submitted for procurement.
e) Liaise with the GS G7 and Training and Education Directors to ensure that the training management system supports the training delivery and fielding plan.
f) Retain institutional knowledge and provide continuity for all RS and ANA personnel while maintaining awareness of AIAT priorities IAW the Director’s campaign plan and sharing information accordingly.
g) Assist with the development of training and education doctrines and procedures. Also assist with the establishment of a system approach to training.
h) Liaise with RS HQ and Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan (CSTC-A) on all training and education related issues.
- U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Graduate or other service equivalent.
- Executive officer/Primary staff member at brigade staff or higher.
- Experience as an advisor in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Valid US passport and ability to live and work in Afghanistan.
- May be required to successfully complete CRC for deployment to Afghanistan.
- Valid US driver license.
- May be required to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.