Supports development, continuity, and delivery of classroom education and “hands on” training courses in the areas of aircraft maintenance, logistics, and flight operations. Serves as a mentor, providing on-the-job training (OJT).
- Coordinate the organization and oversight of day-to-day OJT/mentorship training instruction.
- Assess and analyze training processes; provide the Training Manager with recommendations for improvements and remedial actions.
- Assist managers in providing oversight, initiating, conducting training and/or supervising within his/her respective area of responsibility to meet contract objectives.
- Coordinate with all entities for efficient scheduling of technical training courses, OJT, and mentorship.
- Ensure proper documentation of training, training records of personnel, and mentor activity.
- Manage day-to-day execution of client efforts through the coordination and assignment of personnel.
- Mentor and provide on-the-job training to assigned personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be capable of facilitating and presenting course material of a technical nature.
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of adult education strategies and learning techniques.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be skilled in creating and adjusting presentations, as needed, to enable learning.
- Must be able to successfully complete a NACI background investigation; current NACI preferred.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree desired.
- Five years of training experience required; supervisory and management experience desired.
- Prior experience mentoring and conducting OJT required.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License or military equivalent desired.
- The Army Instructor Training Course (TAITC) (or service/civilian equivalent) highly desired.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must be able to pass medical screening and deployment training at U.S. Army CONUS Replacement Center (CRC).
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening; subsequent random screening per antidrug and alcohol misuse prevention program requirements.
- Work assignment in a remote OCONUS location.
- Austere living and working conditions, with long hours and exposure to harsh weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of requirements to mobilize on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ARMA Aviation is an EEO/AAP employer.