Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ32318Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
This position is not yet funded.
Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS, 5+ years experience
This position supports SPAWAR PMW 740 in providing the Taiwan Joint forces with in-country management activities related to the sustainment of C4 capabilities and
provide Taiwan (Continental United States (CONUS) and in-country) support of the C4 capabilities within the Syun An System of System (SoS). The Syun An architecture provides Tactical Data Link (TDL) and Command and Control (C2) capabilities to various types of platforms and sites including Taiwan Navy ships, aircraft, ground-based mobile tactical sites, remote transceiver sites, radar sites, and fixed land-based command centers. Services include operations and maintenance (O&M) engineering and technical support for the sustainment of Syun An SoS C4 capabilities. This position requires knowledge of RF communications systems, tactical data links, and installation of RF systems. Background expected but not required to include former US military experience, electronic system troubleshooting capability, preferably field service engineer experience.
The fulfillment of Syun An SoS training requirements shall be a collaborative effort between Taiwan MND/ICEF and USG/Contractor team. All tasking under this PWS shall be performed in support of the Syun An mission and objectives and shall be coordinated with the COR, PMW 740 Taiwan CM, and individual USG Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) for training. Training products and courses which will be delivered for Syun An SoS may include, but are not limited to, the following: TATDLS Management and Network Monitoring Tool Operations; TATDLS Shipboard Operations; Link Host Simulator (LHS) simulations, generations, and operations; Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC)/TLMA software operations; Shipboard Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) operations; JNDA; Low Volume Terminal (LVT) Acceptance Test Station (LATS); Command and Control Processor (C2P) operations; and Air Defense Coordination Cell (ADCC)/Ground Mobile Relay (GMR) Organizational-Level (O-Level)
and Intermediate-Level (I-Level) maintenance.
- The trainer -Instructor shall attend and function as training advisor and training SME in Syun An SoS formal and informal in-process reviews, design reviews, meetings, IPTs, conferences, and briefings occurring at Taiwan locations
- Research, review and analyze program management documentation and coordinate with other USG activities (e.g., Naval Education and Training Security Assistance Field Activity (NETSAFA)) to ensure that Taiwan students meet eligibility requirements to attend training
- Develop and deliver point papers, findings and recommendations, memoranda, briefs, and summaries of Syun An training matters
- Schedule and host required training related meetings, provide meeting agendas , provide presentation materials and briefing documents, attend meetings and provide minutes, and provide meeting supplies in support of training activities.
- There are 120 command and control (C2) sites in the Syun An system; the Training Instructor should understand the C2 systems that exist in Syun An with respect to the communications and installations across 120 sites
- Former military service Navy preferable, but not required
- The trainer will work or live in Taiwan for extended periods - up to 1 year under a total 5-year contract
- Will travel frequently in Taiwan visiting the C2 sites to train on various systems associated with Communication installations and C2 systems in Taiwan. Pay commensurate with US trainers.
- 4-6 years of experience in training Navy C2 systems and RF systems
- Knowledge of RF communications installations , trouble shooting, & repair
- The trainer should also understand the communications associated with Tactical data links, and C2 systems
- Must have a DOD Secret clearance to work in Taiwan
- Desired to be a certified Navy instructor with appropriate NECs, or comparable other US service certifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA CA San Diego
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.