Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Top Secret Cleared Training Coordinator
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Falls Church, Va.
PAE has an opportunity for a Training Coordinator to join our team in Washington, DC.
The Training Coordinator shall support VO under the general guidance of VO/DO and the Contract Program Manager. The Training Coordinator will perform a wide range of activities involved in carrying out the VO/DO’s responsibilities for meeting the training needs of employees of the Visa Office, including civil service, foreign service, contract, and other personnel. The Training Coordinator will also serve as acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM. Specifically, the Training Coordinator will be involved in designing, testing, distributing, and updating training materials related to visa support operations. The Training Coordinator shall maintain the contract Training Plan. The Training Coordinator shall train personnel to the level that will ensure that personnel using the materials and systems are operationally self-sufficient without the aid of the Contractor. The Training Coordinator shall perform, but not limited to, the following:
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Serve as Acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM.
- Develop basic components of instructional design: sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives, task learning relationships, training materials and performance measures. Also implement supplementary training solutions such as role play scenarios.
- Coordinate and present training to DOS personnel and contractor staff in the operational use of all training materials and systems.
- Maintain a current collection of internal and external training resources. Prepare training reports and individual training records.
- Coordinate, reserve, and evaluate external training programs and/or conferences.
- Conduct training needs assessments and respond to training requests identified by managers. Determine staff skill levels and training needs using various methods: review of quality assurance data, needs assessment surveys, participant course evaluations, employee feedback, and management feedback.
- Prepare and create audio visual materials, manuals, handbooks, job aids, and other training materials as needed.
- Identify and organize speakers or presenters from within VO, if necessary.
- Analyze participation response, develop findings and make recommendations. Plan and conduct validity and reliability studies to detect trends or weak areas to make recommendations for necessary changes in training program.
- Coordinate and develop training packages.
- Provide updates and refresher training as program, regulatory or policy changes are implemented.
- Prepare Certificates of Attendance for those who attend VO training classes.
- Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and digital video conferences as required with overseas posts, VO, State, and other U.S. Government agencies. Provide formal and informal briefings.
- Develop a mechanism to track employee training needs by individuals.
- In coordination with VO/DO, respond to requests for VO subject matter expert speakers for courses at FSI or other locations.
- Consult with CA/EX/HRD on training as necessary or when directed by VO/DO.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Ability to design, deliver, maintain, and evaluate training programs
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
- Knowledge of computer technology
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree or PMP preferred), and;
- Six (6) years of experience that demonstrates accomplishment of training project assignments that require a wide range of training and computer requirements and techniques. Such experience may include analyzing training-related technology, conducting studies to determine training requirements, teaching, supervising or administering a training program, development or review of training materials, or work that required training or instructing others on a regular basis, including;
- Five (5) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, and MS Outlook.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong command of the English language both verbally and written
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Analytical skills and attention to detail to successfully analyze and evaluate trends, disseminate information to a wide audience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to stand; walk; sit; lift up to 20 lbs.; bend; reach; carry; stoop; kneel; use hand and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; speak; or hear. Specific vision abilities may be required to perform the job which may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, or the ability to adjust focus.
- Mainly office but may also include all other work environments as required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.