Job #: R-00017245
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Category: Technical Trainer
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Secret
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
The Defense group within Leidos is looking for a technical trainer to support our ILC program in Chesapeake, VA. The primary function of this position is to support the development and conduct of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 system operational and maintenance training for US Navy ships in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5B).
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
• You will be in charge of developing the technical training, review, and conduct training for the AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15.
• Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
• Applicant shall have technical training development, review, and conduct experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V) ACBxx sonar system equipment.
• At least 6 years of AN/SQQ-89(V) working experience in either Operations or Maintenance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Operations and Maintenance experience shall include:
• A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V) system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
• System functional segments
• Sonar tactical equipment
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
• This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
• Travel may be required for this position
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Technical Trainer2000DefenseLeidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decisio