Flight Training Director
The Pilot Instructors (fixed-wing ground academics, simulator, and flight) should have a background in U.S. Air Force aviation training. Instructors will have attended a Pilot Instructor Training (PIT) course and meet relevant requirements outlined in DCMAI 8210.1C chapter 4. These requirements from DCMAI 8210.1C, Change 1 to include but are not limited to 1000 hours as a pilot in command (PIC) with 100 hours T-6 IP. Previous DoD Instructor Pilots (IP), Standardization Instructor Pilots (FE), and/or Instrument Flight Examiners (IE) are preferred to fill this requirement. Pilot Instructors at Balad Air Base shall meet the requirements of this paragraph, Iraqi Civil Aviation Authority (ICAA) pilot and instructor requirements. Pilot Instructor Training (PIT) IP experience highly desired.
Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.
- Be fully qualified under FAA Part 61 (CFI,CFII) and must have a minimum of 100 hours instructing in T-6A aircraft.
- Instructors will provide inputs to training schedules and reports, as required.
- Develop personalized lesson plans for each course.
- Record and report lost training time daily.
- Monitor, document, and report student performance. Take action as necessary, and report to Supervisor.
- Administer and control tests.
- Follow the approved Syllabus/Course Plan of Instruction (POI)/Lesson Plan.
- Develop a continuity book for the duty position and all associated positions.
- Perform other administrative functions as required by Supervisor (Scheduling, Safety, USEM, etc.).
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Educational mindset.
- Self-starter, Innovative.
- Sensitive to working with foreign cultures / teaching to students that speak English as a second language.
Typical Flight Instruction conditions on and off the air field. Occasionally may work in austere, hostile conditions implementing new programs. Dynamic start up requiring self- starters and teamwork.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Depending on needs overtime may be required, particularly during preparation for special activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Certified Flight Instructors with Instrument (CFII) rating qualified under Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 14: Aeronautics and Space (FAA) or FAA recognized foreign civil aviation authority or former military instructor pilots who qualify under FAA Part 61.73. Pilot instructor qualifying under this paragraph will be a graduate of US Military Pilot Training with at least 300 hours of initial military pilot formal course instructor experience. In addition, the CFII must meet any CFII equivalent requirements needed by the GoI's (Govt. of Iraq) Air Authority to perform CFII duties.
- Must have but are not limited to 1000 hours as pilot in command (PIC) with 100 hours as a T-6 IP.
- Must be able to hold Class II FAA Medical.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.