Job ID 2019-9148 LCAT FSI - Language Instrctr 2 Work Status Full-Time Regular
Salient CRGT has the important mission of offering student-centered language programs that develop authentic target language use, focus on individual goals, and enable students to be successful in a global environment.
Salient CRGT is contracted by Department of State's Foreign Service Institute (FSI) to provide and manage onsite staff of high-quality Language and Culture Instructors, Testers, Examiners, Raters and Curriculum Developers to support the School of Language Studies (SLS) at FSI. If you are interested in joining the Salient CRGT project team at FSI, please upload your most updated resume.
List of languages we are accepting resumes for (Please feel free to submit your resume even if your language is not on this list): Albanian, Amharic, Arabic (all dialects), Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Brazilian & Continental Portuguese, Bulgarian, Burmese, Chinese (Mandarin), Danish, Dari, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Lao, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian Farsi, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian/Croatian, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tadjik, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese..
In this role you will:
- Design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive quality management program for the Language Testing Unit.
- Organize and improve test data reporting and analysis to track in-house testing trends and vendor performance on outsourced tests.
- Coordinate test review processes, including responses to test review requests and mediation in cases of test score discrepancies.
- Coordinate testing materials development and refresh.
- Coordinate and conduct validity and reliability studies.
- Assess the need to update test procedures and propose initiatives when appropriate.
- Advise on and draft policies and guidelines related to testing processes and procedures.
- All labor categories require U.S. work authorization. U.S. Citizens and Permanent/Legal Residents are urged to apply
- Educated native or near-native speaker of the target language (preferably Level 4 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale)
- You have to possesse the cultural background of the specific country or geographical region where the target language is spoken
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2/2 on the ILR proficiency scale
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language they will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching foreign language with proficiency-based or task-based curricula.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience administering proficiency-based assessments (i.e., DLPT, ACTFL OPI, etc.).
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred.
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred.
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred.
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued.
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community valued.
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.