TRAVEL REQUIRED: LESS THAN 10%
PUBLIC TRUST: NONE
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center in Dahlgren Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support tactical lab training; Candidate would serve as an Expert Instructor to train CG/DDG sailors in tactical employment of the latest Aegis Combat System and associated weapons systems, system capabilities and limitations, employment of organic and non-organic aircraft and systems, mission planning and execution, and tactical communications. The candidate will provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for ATRC courses supporting operational employment of Aegis Combat System.
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the officer level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ships and aircraft (organic and non-organic) systems in the dynamic tactical environment.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Aegis training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
- Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
,"Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
","Seven (7) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. Experience as a qualified SUWC and TAO, and requires relevant experience, as Warfare Commander/Coordinator for Surface, Subsurface, Strike, C4I, or Ballistic Missile Defense is required. Of the seven (7) years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems including one (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
Experience as a qualified SUWC and TAO or a Master/Afloat Training Specialist in support of CSCS/TACTRAGRU/ATG is a significant plus. Surface Warfare Tactics Instructor AQD is highly preferred. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.