Supply Technician Instructor
More information about this job
Performs clerical and manual tasks to maintain an inventory of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment. Responsible for performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all RTS-MED supplies and equipment. Receives, inspects, inventories, loads, unloads, segregates, stores, issues, delivers and turns-in organization and installation supplies and equipment. Prepares all supply documents. Maintains automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment. Inspects completed work for accuracy and compliance with established procedures. Coordinates supply activities. Reviews and annotates changes to unit material condition status report. Post transactions to organizational and installation property books and supporting transaction files. Determines method of obtaining relief from responsibility for lost, damaged, and destroyed supply items. Meets supply/inventory requirements per PWS, CSDP and applicable regulations. Responsible for input to GCSS-A and IFS.
- Performs clerical and manual duties in material areas such as receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering materials, parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Maintains established inventory levels by checking shelves and then notifying supervisor at established reorder points or preparing purchase orders.
- Stocks vendor deliveries in warehouse or supply room and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders as to quality and quantity.
- Ability to maintain supply inventory database using computers and hand-held scanners.
- Maintains a clean, organized warehouse or supply room. Maintains related documentation.
- Maintains a supply management database, and generates various reports as assigned.
- Utilizes small hand tools, scales, and may operate material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
- Uses online resources as needed for parts/equipment technical research, data updates, and related communications.
- Effective organizational skills. Effective communications skills.
- Ability to operate fork lifts and related equipment.
- Participates in special projects as required.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related inventory management experience.
Two years recent experience as a supply technician, MOS 92-series or civilian equivalent with one of the years within an organizational level operation.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license/CDL. Effective communications skills. Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated supply systems.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.