Job #: R-00021969
Location: Killeen, TX
Category: Technical Trainer
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Secret
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Central Texas Supervisory Technical Trainer. This supervisory position is for a Technical Trainer who currently supports the Leidos contract for the Cyber Center of Excellence, Regional Signal Training Sites (Data University). This position will continue to execute a Technical Training position, but will also take on 1st level supervisory responsibilities for a regional team of Leidos Technical Trainers at Ft Hood, TX.
1st Line Supervisor:
- Conduct weekly Timecard review and approvals; conduct expense report review and approvals.
- Perform personnel management functions conducting regular interaction/communication with direct reporting personnel to review/discuss technical performance, upcoming technical goals, and address technical issues.
- Work with direct reports to establish annual Leidos goals, document performance, and conduct yearly evaluations supporting annual merit increases.
- Provide support to the contract Hiring Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and Program Manager to provide input for new position requirements, technical evaluations, local onboarding, Performance Improvement Programs, Firing/Layoffs, promotion, and SPOT awards for direct reports.
- Develop written updates as necessary to support Program Management reporting to the Government and internally to Leidos.
- Participate in weekly/monthly Program Management status meetings; provide written updates to support Government and internal Leidos reporting.
- Over the course of your first six months as a 1st line leader, complete the Manager Essentials Course for First Line Managers via the Virtual Courses on PRISM and Skillport.
Maintain performance as a Technical Trainer
- Perform curriculum development and upgrade to accommodate the unit or students’ needs and per the government requirements.
- Execute training services at home stations and on TDY at unit locations; prepare after action reports and support student testing for certification.
- Coordinate with Government customers to manage team schedules, design system requirements and content staying abreast of system updates and new training curriculum, and mentor other instructors as needed.
- Participate in cross training events to enable continuous improvement and widen the breadth of system competency for training additional systems.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree.
Current Technical Trainer supporting the Leidos Warfighter Readiness portfolio of programs.
Active DoD Secret security clearance required.
Four (4) years’ prior experience with a minimum of two (2) CompTIA certifications (e.g. Security+, Network+, A+)
Two (2) years’ experience as an instructor and curriculum developer
An in-depth knowledge of networking and Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification
Valid passport or ability to obtain a passport
Obtain and maintain a Pearson Vue Certified Proctor certification
Current Leidos Technical Trainer at one of the CCoE Regional Signal Training Sites (Data Universities)
Additional advanced certifications
Ability to develop, deliver, and revise training courses/programs
Experience with commercial technical training
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.