Requisition ID 143539BR
Date updated 07/02/2019
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services seeks talented candidates for an instructor position based in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The successful candidate will support specialized training requirements for multiple Programs of Instruction. Based in the Sterling, VA area with routine local travel throughout Washington Metropolitan Area. Conducts basic certification training, mission-specific training and sustainment training for multiple Programs of Instruction (POI) supporting specialized customer requirements. Plans and coordinates course schedules and daily learning activities with fellow instructors, external offices, training providers and other stakeholders. Conducts academic lecture, leads guided discussion, demonstrates Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and provides hands-on instruction, coaching and mentoring. Designs, orchestrates and administers practical exercises and Field Training Exercises to reinforce student knowledge, refine student skill and develop student operational judgment. Occasional CONUS travel, roughly eight (8) weeks total, over the course of a calendar year; travel is typically forecast months in advance.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph;
- Operationally certified through a customer field technical training pipeline/course;
- Strong working knowledge of the radio frequency spectrum and modern radio frequency communication infrastructures to include signal structures, propagation, modulation types, data rates, multiplexing/demultiplexing methods, as well as associated equipment to include transmitters, receivers and processing suites;
- Must possess demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: RF theory, wireless/SIGINT technologies;
- SME with extensive on-the-ground experience in OCONUS technical operations servicing customer requirements; in addition, possesses a deep base of experience planning technical operations and coordinating operational activities with fielded stakeholders;
- Well-versed in IC counterintelligence and Operations Security principles and practices as well as a demonstrated mastery of IC operational travel mechanisms and secure communications methods;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional rapport with others in a small team environment;
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written;
- Adapt well to change and thrive in an atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, initiative, creativity, curiosity and strong problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to operate under broad intent independent of direct oversight; reliable, trustworthy, committed to Student and Cadre success;
- Excellent organizational skills; able to articulate intent, frame requirements, set priorities, develop practical methods and align resources to meet training goals;
- Ability to sustain demanding operational tasks in challenging environments over extended periods of time;
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote with the aptitude to employ other customer-specific, automated programs, databases and technology-based capabilities.
- Proven track record of delivering results across a variety of operating environments to include expeditionary, war zone, non-traditional and hard target areas
- Prior instructor experience (classroom lecture, guided discussion, hands-on coaching and mentoring, formal assessments and evaluations, individualized remediation); strong preference for those candidates with a formal customer Instructor Certification and experience with one of the primary learning centers
- Prior experience in formal instructional design and curriculum development (formulating learning behaviors, syllabus design, lesson planning, courseware development, grading rubrics)
- Prior experience in the design and scripting of Practical Exercises and Field Training Exercises for individual and team-based training, respectively
- Versed in Role Play-based training methods
- Prior project management experience
- Prior experience working with and through foreign entities
- Versed in basic Operational Risk Management principles
- Experience using structured planning and problem-solving methodologies
- Working knowledge of customer’s formal messaging and coordination system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; can substitute demonstrated operational experience for educational requirement .
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Training & Development
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles