Job ID BOE/1486414
Location Amberley, Queensland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking a talented Simulator Flight Instructor - Pilotto support a world class training system using a diverse array of cutting-edge simulation and training devices for the C-17A program. The role is based at the purpose-built C-17A facilities at RAAF Base Amberley. The position is a casual role.
- Instruct and assess performance of students in the C-17 Flight Simulator, classrooms, learning centre and other aircrew training device environments
- Instruct students on ADF policies, standard operating procedures and documentation
- Maintain currency and proficiency in simulator-based airborne instructional techniques
- Participate in the required training and testing to ensure personnel are certified and competent, and devices meet the required fidelity standards
- Perform various types of simulator training in accordance with company standards, customer requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Apply instructor led training and computer based training techniques and methodologies
- Mentor trainees as necessary
- Assess trainee progress performance by completing all required reports and records to allow third-party evaluation and audit
- Minimum of 5 years and/or 1500 hours of flying experience as a pilot on a military multi-engine transport aircraft
- C-17 experience
- Have achieved accredited training in Non-Technical Skills (NTS) and Aviation Risk Management
- Command experience, qualification as a Flying Instructor, and/or Simulator Pilot Instructor will be a significant advantage
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements, and hold an NV1 Australian security clearance
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.