The Senior Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Instructor is a full-time, exempt position that will provide training support for The National Guard Bureau Training Range Support Program. This position requires the employee to live within 50 miles of Fort Carson, CA and requires travel depending on the training needs and schedule for contract support. Weekend support will also be required, at times, to support the training unit’s needs.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Operate and instruct Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) in a competent and proficient manner to maximize use of personnel training time on requested systems.
- Perform TADSS startup, operation, and shutdown procedures IAW applicable technical publications and the training schedule.
- Coordinate scheduling with end users to ensure the proposed training fits the needs of the user and meets the commander’s prescribed training intent and requirements.
- Train users in the proper methods of equipment operation, troubleshooting procedures, and malfunctions reporting, to include preventative maintenance checks, services and cleaning procedures.
- Attend New Equipment Training as required as well as sustainment training on TADSS upgrades to maintain proficiency at a level to “train-the-trainer” (local and TDY).
- Draft and staff correspondence, reports, and other items pertaining to TADSS operations as required by contract, regulation or SOP.
- Adhere to all safety policies, procedures and regulations in regards to the operation and maintenance of TADSS and implement new or modified safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance to unit instructors.
- Provide Train-The-Trainer TADSS instruction.
- Ensure safety procedures and protocol are adhered to by all personnel.
- Knowledge and a minimum of three years of experience with Army National Guard Training Programs.
- At least three years’ experience operating and instructing the following TADSS: Engagement Skills Trainer (EST), Call for Fire Trainer (CFFT), Virtual Convoy Operations Trainer (VCOT), Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES), Laser Marksmanship Training Systems (LMTS) and Laser Collective Combat Advanced Training System (LCCATS), HMMWV Egress Assistance Trainer and (HEAT), MRAP Egress Trainer (MET), Unstabilized Gunnery Trainer-Individual (UGT-I).
- Have technical knowledge and understanding of the following documents: FM 3-20.21, TC 3-20.31, TC 4-11.46, FM 3-22.3, TC 3-20.31-13, AR350-19, AR 385-63, TC 25-8, NGR 350-1, NGR 5-3 and NGR 5-1.
- Minimum of three years of training and doctrinal implementation of TADSS and experience as an instructor/staff/cadre member.
- Currently have a valid driver’s license and maintain military installation driving privileges.
- Must be able to pass all security requirements IAW installation Provost Marshall’s Policy in order to gain access to the installation.
- Must be willing to travel in order to provide regional support for assigned National Guard units in the 54 states and territories to include Puerto Rico (PR), Hawaii (HI) Guam (GU), Virgin Island (VI), and provide surge support to other states as necessary.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer successful completion of a TRADOC approved Master Gunner Course.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills and proficient using a personal computer.