Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202001166
Cox Automotive, is looking to add a Senior Business Information Security Advisor (BISA) to our Information Security team in Burlington, VT.
The Senior Business Information Security Advisor (BISA) is responsible for leading information security and risk management initiatives to align with the Cox Automotive Corporate Security Standards. This position will be the security subject matter expert working with technology, business, and legal teams to develop secure solutions and will hold overall responsibility for coordinating security projects for products and solutions for the Enterprise Platforms organization & other shared service systems. These projects may include: coordination of infrastructure and application security vulnerability remediation efforts, providing security guidance for new business projects, oversight of critical security access reviews, validating disaster recovery documentation & test activities, and coordinating the remediation of all security audit findings. The Business Information Security Advisor (BISA) also helps the business comply with all legal, regulatory, & contractual security obligations, assists with the development & implementation of security process improvements, and champions security & risk mitigation. The BISA may also be involved in certain aspects of security operational tasks, such as approving security requests or helping with the business context in incident response exercises.
What You'll Do:
- Works under the guidance of the Director of Information Security to ensure adoption and compliance with Cox Automotive Corporate Security Standards while enabling business success. Defines, plans, and executes the strategy for business security
- Coordinates vulnerability remediation efforts for software and system vulnerabilities. Reports on progress and risks. Makes recommendations for strategic improvements
- Assists with applications that are moving to the cloud, reviews controls for new or moving applications, and provides guidance for secure transitions to the cloud
- Provides security guidance for new projects and products to ensure security best-practices are implemented and that projects are developed in compliance with Cox Automotive Corporate Security Standards
- Assist with subpoena requests and handling depositions working with internal/external Legal Counsel
- Oversees the maintenance of disaster recovery plans and procedures for systems and software. Assists with disaster recovery testing efforts when needed
- Meets and partners with broad stakeholder groups (e.g. Engineering, Product, Architecture, Operations, Legal) to provide leadership updates and reporting on security issues
- Periodically helps perform risk assessments of the business applications, systems, and processes to verify compliance with the Cox Auto Security Standards and prioritizes the remediation of gaps based on risk to the organization
- Coordinates efforts to remediate and mitigate issues from access & firewall reviews, audit findings, and risks
- BA/BS Degree, preferably formal studies in Computer Science, Information Systems, and 5 years of experience in IT Security, Risk and Compliance or equivalent experience of 9 years in lieu of degree
What We Look For:
- Strong Vulnerability Management background
- Understanding of web applications, cloud technologies, system infrastructure, and enterprise architecture
- Experience conducting or responding to audits
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team and independently to fix issues with little or no supervision
- Excellent organizational, project management, and follow-up skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication, presentation, and reporting skills
- Familiarity with software development, operations, and cloud technologies CISA, CISSP, CISM, or other security certification(s)
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Thousands of employees, one goal: empower people today to build a better future for the next generation.
How do we do that? By disrupting industries. By treating our employees as our most important resource. By improving the quality of life in our communities and by protecting our planet.
We’re also building a better future for our employees. We do this by fostering flexible career growth, offering generous benefits, and creating an environment where you’re empowered to make time for teammates, family, friends, and yourself.
We began our journey in 1898 as a local newspaper business, and today we’re using our innovative technology to power smart cities, pioneer greener modes of transportation, and slash the glut of global waste. 120+ years later and we’re still making our mark!
Through our major divisions — Cox Communications and Cox Automotive — and our investments, we’re focused on the future of mobility, connectivity, and sustainability.
We are a global, $21 billion, family-owned organization with a purpose. Come build a better future with us and make your mark.