- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your ability to influence, SHE knowledge & experience to deliver a strong safety culture to continue to strive for excellence in SHE outcomes
- Work within a diverse environment and enjoy a flexible work environment with focus on innovation, adaptability and collaboration to support our manufacturing operations, and our core business functions
Apply your talent where it counts as a Safety Health and Environment (SHE) Business Partner, to support our manufacturing operations in Adelaide, and our business functions across Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Lead, you will be responsible to provide specialist advice aligned to the organisation's SHE principles and practices whilst playing an instrumental role in embedding and maintaining safety culture and implementing governance processes to meet WHS legal and business requirements.
You will also be responsible to lead the SHE Advisors to influence, implement and embed enterprise programs, and work collaboratively with the teams to deliver improvement initiatives aligned to the SHE strategy, develop local improvement programs and implement practice which aims to prevent injury, harm to the environment and minimize risk.
More specifically, you will become involved in:
- Developing & implementing programs focused on embedding & maintaining a strong SHE culture
- Delivering sustainable SHE risk reduction programs that i support continuous improvement
- Support the implementation, review and continuous improvement of BAE Systems SHE management systems
- Manage site safety, health and environmental event response and reporting to ensure accurate and timely response, and effective data analysis
- Lead investigations, and audits to ensure findings and actions deliver systematic and sustainable improvement
- Ensure key learnings from local incidents and hazards are communicated to support the enhancement of the organisations learning culture
- Conduct assurance activities in line with the SHE Strategy to verify and validate the integrity of SHE risk controls
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification in Safety or related discipline (essential)
- Sound experience in SHE in a similar role in an engineering, manufacturing, construction or in high risk industry environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice at middle to senior management level on high risk/impact matters
- Demonstrated leadership experience with an ability to apply problem-solving techniques to support the integrated strategy for SHE and related management issues
- Strong communication and engagement skills, including negotiation and influencing skills, to initiate, promote and support change
Whilst not essential, Lead Auditor qualifications and professional safety certification is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tnyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems.Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.