- Apply your talent where it counts
- Join the diverse team and provide SHE specialist advise supporting our maritime sustainment programs
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with focus on innovation, adaptability and collaboration to support the team providing sustainment support to the Royal Australian Navy on their newest class of warships
Apply your talent where it counts as a Safety Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor, in our team based in Garden Island, New South Wales.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Business Partner, you will be responsible for providing specialist advice, influencing line of business programs and work collaboratively, with our customer and material sub-contractors, in developing and maintaining a positive safety culture whilst ensuring that appropriate governance processes are implemented to meet work health and safety (WHS) legislative compliance and business requirements.
More specifically, you will become involved in:
- Participate, collaborate and consult with teams to ensure they are engaged and aligned to SHE strategic priorities, and have the right tools, confidence and ability to manage their SHE obligations and risks
- Review, support and continuously develop BAE Systems safety management system including risk assessment, safety work method statements and risk registers
- Facilitate and establish systematic approached to hazard identification and risk assessment directed towards asset and operational lifecycle
- Establish and support the development of the line of business critical control programs as a part of targeted significant incident fatality reduction program
- Manage site safety, health and environment event response and reporting procedures for significant hazards, injuries and incidents, to ensure accurate and timely response, data analysis and the sharing of lessons learned
- Participate in compliance assurance, continuous improvement and professional development activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety or related discipline is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, regulatory, compliance frameworks and governance requirements
- Ability to apply cognitive and technical skills to access, analyse and evaluate information to think critically, generate and evaluate complex ideas and inform SHE strategy and practice
- Ability to consult, coordinate and communicate with key project stakeholders on safety, health and environmental issues
- Excellent problem solving and communication skill with an ability to think critically to identify and analyse SHE problems to generate innovate evidence based solutions
Whilst not essential, tertiary qualification and/or lead auditing qualification and professional safety certification (AIHS/IOSH) is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate level security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.