Job ID BOE/1382319E
Boeing Defence Australia's Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) Program is responsible for the development and support of the Australian Navy and Army Joint Helicopter School, featuring brand new aircraft and a suite of synthetic training devices.
We are now recruiting for a Qualified Aircrewman Instructor (QAI) to help us deliver this premier Australian Defence Force training capability.
Based on the NSW South Coast, this role is located in Nowra. Located on the banks of the Shoalhaven River, Nowra is a major centre of the Shoalhaven region known unique character with a spectacular natural environment, growing population and bustling economy. On the doorstep of the pristine waters of Jervis Bay the Shoalhaven's beautiful natural environment plays a central role in the quality of life of the local community.
The QAI is will support BDA flying operations at Naval Air Station (NAS) Nowra by providing flying and ground instruction of ab initio trainees in accordance with appropriate Training Management Plans whilst providing sound mentorship and coaching other Aircrewman.
The QAI responsibilities include:
- · The promotion of a safe and professional work environment
- · Conduct all operations and deliver all training in accordance with the requirements of the HATS contract and Royal Australian Navy Policy within the required regulatory framework
- · Ensure personal competencies, qualifications and medical status is maintained at all times
- · Identify and assist trainees who are experiencing difficulties in the training environment
- · Maintain courseware and associated documentation in association with the Training Management Plan
- · Ensure all stakeholders are at all times, aware of emerging or potential issues relating to the training program
- · Engaging effectively with program customer representatives and teams
- · Performing work of a similar nature in other areas of the Company as operational needs dictate.
To be successful you will have:
- Hold (or have held) and ADF Rotary Wing Category C QAI Rating or higher
- Total experience of 750 flying hours as a Aircrewman, including at least 200 hours of instructional experience
- Hold (or have held) a Night Vision Device (NVD) qualification
- Must meet the requirements for and maintain a current Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Class One medical certificate
- Hold (or have held) the ability to obtain and maintain a Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS) currency
- Ability to obtain and hold ‘Provide First Aid'
- Flexibility to work reasonable ad-hoc hours - night flying, out of hours work
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.