Principal Flight Simulation Trainer
Requisition ID: 20020239
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Palmdale
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Multiple
- Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description: Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Principal Flight Simulation Trainer based out of Palmdale, CA. Alternate locations at may be available at the time of hiring. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), the successful candidate will develop technical manual and training curriculum to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to aviation related audiences. Evaluates curriculum materials based on trainee feedback and instructor input. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Reviews mission planning processes and software for incorporation into training materials. Coordinates meetings and working groups with engineering support and SMEs to develop new, and expand already designed training curriculum. Conducts quality review of materials.
- 6 years experience with Bachelors; 4 years with Masters. 10 years relevant experience may be used in lieu of education.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Must be experienced with technical writing, training development, and conducting briefings and/or presentations.
- Ability to gain proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) or similar training development software, and an ability to learn and become proficient with related software used for training development, project tracking, and presentations.
- Ability to research engineering data, technical manuals, and utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to complete complex training materials, schedules, and related projects under very general supervision.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must have an active Top Secret DoD security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Flight experience and familiarity with commercial software such as PFPS, JMPS, and/or FalconView is highly desired.
- Experience in Quality Assurance or performing quality reviews of technical publications or training documents, preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.