Pilot Instructors (PI) Cessna 172/208 – Balad, Iraq
***THIS POSITION IS IN BALAD, IRAQ AND OFFERS A ROTATIONAL SCHEDULE***
The Pilot Instructor (PI) will provide Aircraft Pilot and Instructor Pilot (IP) Training and instruction to the host nation. This is a C172/C208 pilot and instructor pilot training program that provides skills to independently operate C172/C208 aircraft systems, subsystems, and related support equipment. All training will be conducted to U.S. Air Force standards and operations will be limited to training within the scope of the contract. The candidate will work in Balad, Iraq.
The Pilot Instructor (PI) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties as a C172/C208 Pilot Instructor (PI)
- Provide classroom, ground, and in-flight training and instruction as necessary.
- Maintain aircrew student records, rosters, and trackers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be fully qualified Instructor Aircrew
- Qualified under FAA Part 141 and 100 hours instructing in C172/C208 aircraft.
- Or qualified under FAA Part 141 with two years prior experience as a military instructor pilot and qualified in C172/C208 aircraft.
- Or former military instructor pilots who qualify under FAA Part 61.73.
- Minimum 500 hours PIC (Pilot in Command).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in Iraq
- Previous experience instructing foreign nationals
- Ability to work well with peers in stressful conditions and close living quarters
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be able to obtain a visa for Iraq
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess an active passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date
*Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work is normally performed on and off the airfield.
- Limited physical effort required with the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability and flexibility to perform a routine pilot instructor role.
- Employee will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
Spartan Air Academy Iraq, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.