– Accountable to the Director of Teacher Training Unit;
– Administer training and staff development programs for science teachers;
– Design teacher development and training programs and materials for sciences and mathematics subjects and train teachers;
– Develop science teacher training strategies and work plans;
– Ensure activities for in
– service training in science and mathematics subjects undertaken by different providers are complementary and mutually supportive;
– Design and implement monitoring and evaluation exercise for science teacher training activities;
– Maintain regular communication with district education officers, school heads, science and mathematics inspectors, science curricular developer and teacher training colleges for the purpose of planning, monitoring and troubleshooting;
– Write and present projects to mobilize funds for science training;
– Analyze inspectorate reports and other reports on science teaching and suggest appropriate interventions for training related matters;
– Ensure timely production and submission of all reports and other monitoring data for all science training activities;
– Carry out periodic science training needs assessment;
– Evaluate the impact of science training and development activities;
– Evaluate teacher training materials from districts and schools.
– Organize science fairs and tournaments for science teachers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics with Education or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– General knowledge on Rwanda education system and policies;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer literacy Collaboration and team working skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Management and administrative skills;
– Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.