P-8 TRAINING SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MID-CAREER
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Training Systems and Services is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join the P-8 Training Systems Vehicle Simulation team in St. Louis, MO. This position will focus on developing software for sophisticated operational flight and weapons trainers. These trainers are of high strategic importance to the US Armed Services and many Allied Nations globally.
A successful candidate will have a general understanding of training systems, real-time software development, software architecture, systems engineering, integration and test. They will have a general understanding of aircraft avionics communication and subsystem architectures. This candidate will be part of a high-performing team, responsible for problem solving in a dynamic environment. They will continuously improve and develop themselves and others.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments
- Execute test procedures and document test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Perform software project management and software supplier management functions
- Develops, selects, tailors, and deploys software processes, tools and metrics
- Executes and documents software research and development projects
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure conformance to processes and standards
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Export Control Requirement:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- C++ Programming Language
- Systems Engineering awareness
- Continuous Integration and Test
- Requirements Based Testing methods
- Git and/or other versioning tools
- US Person; Active or eligible for US Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with SAFe Agile development environments
- Enthusiastic and ambitious when solving new complex problems
- Earned Value Management (EVM) awareness
- Basic project management skills
- Other programming languages
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics or chemistry (e.g., Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g., PhD, Master + 3 years’ related work experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
As part of the P-8 Vehicle Simulation Team you'll be performing software engineering tasks for the latest training systems technologies. Ensuring cost-effective readiness for the US and many international partners that operate the P-8.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.