Job ID 00000198468
Location Kent, Washington
Company The Boeing Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
During the last 100 years, humans went from walking on Earth to walking on the moon. With each decade, aviation technology crossed another frontier and the world was changed. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, Boeing is inspiring the next century of explorers. Our engineers work on cutting-edge aerospace technology. We are a team of fast-paced and eager engineers; skilled scientists and thinkers; bold innovators willing to push boundaries. Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of aerospace as we now know it.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) P-8 Poseidon program, which is the premier Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platform for the US Navy and several international partners, is currently looking for a Software Verification Engineer to join their team in Kent, WA. In this position, you will be responsible for verification of key capabilities such as weapons integration, sensor integration, data fusion, tactical data links, Operator Machine Interface (OMI), as well as verification of the software execution environment for the platform, Simulation and Trainer support software. Recent contract awards have enabled team expansion and growth. This franchise program is anticipated to continue to be a stable program for the foreseeable future.
- Leads designs and development of Mission Systems, Simulation or Trainer Support software verification activities
- Leads development of use cases for software requirements and verification
- Leads development of integration and verification procedures, dry runs and formal qualification tests
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
- Participates in peer reviews
- Leads development of root cause analysis and correction for delivered products
- Supports system test, aircraft delivery, and ground and flight-based test events
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
This is a union represented position.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 9+ years of verification of software written in Java, (preferred), C++, or C
- 9+ years’ experience with Linux or Windows development environments
- 9+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Design
- 5+ years mentoring, training, leading software verification efforts
- Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 7 or more years' experience or PhD degree with 4 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. (ABET preferred)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Significant experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Specific scripting languages: XML, Pearl, Python
- Agile software development processes
- Use case development
- Protocols: Networking, Serial, Device I/O, Wireless Communication
- Development of Training software and User Interface design
- Troubleshooting H/W and S/W issues in a complex environment
- Linux OS Support Experience (RHEL)
- Installation and configuration of Linux OS
- Startup and basic configuration of Virtual Machine and Virtual Network environments
- Supporting as-run test reports and other contractual deliverables
- Experience in one or more of the following domain areas: sensors & sensor integration, weapons & weapon integration, tactical data links, trainers
- Software estimation and schedule development
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 7 or more years' experience or PhD degree with 4 or more years’ experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. (ABET preferred)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.