Job ID 00000215540
Location Hazelwood, Missouri
Company The Boeing Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you ready to build the future? Build your career in software development by helping us build the next generation of flight simulators to train our nation’s military. This position is on the P8 Trainer Team within Boeing Global Services we are currently seeking 2 Mid-Level Software Engineers to become part of the Training Systems team in St. Louis, Missouri. Training Systems is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for a wide variety of commercial and military aircraft - everything from P8 Aircraft to Apache attack helicopters, and even NASA's new Starliner spacecraft.
Training Systems is currently seeking a Software Engineer to focus on development of key systems for the P8 Training Systems platform.
- Participate as a member of a high performing, collaborative team and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Use agile methodologies to support all aspects of product development.
- The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions for problems.
- Scripting to support application on Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux platforms.
- Software Integration of hardware and software for product.
- Architecting and designing systems to meet current and future software and application requirements.
- Have the ability to work with multiple support teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Implement and test software/systems using a variety of technologies.
- Clearly communicate issues and suggest alternative paths forward
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with C or C++ real time software development or have you completed college level coursework in C or C++ programming in a real time environment
- 3+ years of experience programming in C, C#, C++, Java, Python or Visual Basic
- 3+ years of experience in graphical user interface (GUI) design
Preferred Qualifications (Preferred Skills and Experience):
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- 1+ years of experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (ex. Gitlab, TFS, ClearCase, or similar tool)
- Experience with VersionOne or Vagrant
- Software Integration knowledge
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.