Job #: R-00034233
Location: Washington, DC
Category: Technical Trainer
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
Leidos is seeking an Operations Trainer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role plans, develops, and delivers training and training material to personnel across the enterprise including customer and contract participants. This role requires working with mission teams and vendors to create, deliver, and monitor training curricula appropriate for specific roles. This role requires excellent written and oral communication skills and have domain understanding of the customer Enterprise IT environment. Training topics may include security, users, methodology, mission applications, or infrastructure. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Plan, develop, and deliver training and training materials to personnel across the enterprise including customer and contract participants.
- Work with mission teams and vendors using written and oral communications to create, deliver, and monitor training curricula appropriate for specific roles in line with customer Enterprise IT environment.
- Analyze training needs and develop programs to address them; evaluate third party training providers; develop lesson plans and training materials; and manage delivery of internal and externally-provided training.
- Administer tests or knowledge assessments to ensure understanding of training content and application of knowledge.
- Provide train-the-trainer programs and qualify trainers for content delivery.
- Maintain records of successful training completions.
- Provide technical and management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Possess expert knowledge of training methodologies, planning and delivering training and assessment materials from various sources to support mission needs.
- Possess expert knowledge of and/or experience with the customer Enterprise IT environment.
- Possess ability and experience in working with mission teams to analyze training needs and deliver training, assessment tools and materials to appropriately train staff to meet mission and organizational requirements.
- Possess ability to analyze training requirements and develop training programs (including train-the-trainer programs), lesson plans and training materials, evaluate third party training providers, and manage delivery of internally and externally-provided training.
- Possess skills necessary to administer tests or knowledge assessments and maintain records of successful completion of training.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess ability and experience in technical and management leadership on major tasks and technology assignments.
- Possess experience in establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Possess decision making ability and technical knowledge that may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience interacting in client negotiations and working with senior management.
- Possess ability and experience in mentoring, supervising, and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.