Job ID 2019-54886
Requisition ID 2019-54886
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Technical Operations (TechOps)
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Dahlgren
GDIT is hiring Baseline 7, Baseline 8 and Baseline 9 Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT) Trainers
General Dynamics Information Technology is immediately seeking a current and proficient Baseline 7, Baseline 8, or Baseline 9 Navy Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT) to train fleet enlisted technicians at Aegis Training and Readiness Center Dahlgren, VA. Prospective employee must have five (5) years of experience with the Baseline 7/8/9 Aegis Computer Network /Aegis Weapons System as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts class room training and labs for Fleet ACNT 's on Baseline 7, 8, or 9 Aegis supporting maintenance and operation of Aegis computer network.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers training programs and related materials in support of CSCS / ATRC training objectives.
- Teaches approved course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Supports updates of course curriculum on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline desired (not required), or the equivalent combination of Navy education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
Baseline 7, 8, or 9 ACNT NEC REQUIRED: (FC 1345, 1365, 1375, 1385 or 1386, 1395).
AWS NEC DESIRED: FC 1341, V48A, V60B, V61A or V65A. AWS is a significant plus.
Navy Instructor NEC DESIRED: 9502. MTS a plus.
Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feel while instructing.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.