a) Perform in AIAT and understand the ANA PME system and specifically the National Military Academy of Afghanistan and its mission to train ANA officer cadets.
b) Train and mentor the NMAA cadre and Turkish Advisors in the management of the day to day operations and their concerns and issues. Serve as a liaison to all advisors associated with the development and mentoring of the NMAA and its staff.
c) Serve as a Trainer and mentor to all AIAT advisors and ensure NMAA Advisor continuity and institutional knowledge sharing with incoming military personnel during six-month rotations and change overs. Provide general expertise and help in supporting the issues and concerns of the NMAA and AIAT leadership.
d) Maintain close coordination with ANAOA cadre to ensure parallel planning for MFNDU training area use and also the awareness and maintenance of similar standards within the institutions.
e) Train Turkish Advisors on coalition programs and awareness of ANAOA systems to ensure parallel planning for MFNDU training area use and also the awareness and maintenance of similar standards within the institutions.
f) Retain NMAA institutional knowledge and provide continuity for all AIAT personnel while maintaining awareness of AIAT priorities IAW the Director’s campaign plan and share information accordingly.
- U.S Army War College graduate
- Executive officer/Primary staff member at brigade staff or higher
- Experience as an advisor in Iraq or Afghanistan
- MEL 4
- Military school background (grad or instructor 4-year officer producing institution, i.e. USMA, USAFA, USNA, Citadel or like school)
- Valid US passport and ability to live and work in Afghanistan.
- May be required to successfully complete CRC for deployment to Afghanistan.
- Valid US driver license.
- May be required to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.