The Afghan National Army Engineer School (ANES) Multi-Trade Advisor position is a full-time, exempt position working on the ETSC contract. This position is located at Mazir-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
The ANAES Multi-Trade Advisor is a position used to both cover other instructors on leave and to plus-up certain classes when necessary, such as times when additional instructor is needed for proper teaching of practical applications. This position augments both FE and Advanced Combat Training (ACT) based on historical surges in the Afghan National Army Engineer School of both instructors and students, and also provides crucial assistance in curriculum development/improvement. This position assists, advises, and trains the ANAES Staff Instructors and Afghan Subject Matter Experts as necessary.
- Retired or former military officers (including Noncommissioned Officer, Commissioned Officer, Warrant Officer) or civilian equivalency with extensive experience working in a military construction engineer unit.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in multiple trades.
- The ANAES Multi-Trade Advisor will possess general knowledge of facility engineer (FE) skills including the following: Carpentry/Masonry, Plumbing, Electrical/Power Generation, HVAC, and Road Construction/Survey/Design.
- Comfortable and capable of instructing in English in multiple skills, both theoretical and practical, as well as an aptitude and ability to provide instruction to Afghan soldiers with interpreter assistance.
- Valid US passport and ability to live and work in Afghanistan.
- May be required to successfully complete CRC for deployment to Afghanistan.