Manager, DOT & Fleet Safety - (51091)
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.1 billion and over 130,000 employees in 350+ offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers manufacturing plants and airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, visit www.abm.com.
Manager, DOT & Fleet Safety
Finance - Risk
10 - 20%
The Manager, DOT & Fleet Safety is responsible for the alignment, management, administration and coordination of DOT and Fleet Safety Compliance activities and programs. This role provides technical and regulatory guidance, ensuring consistent regulatory compliance and utilization of best industry practices to manage the safety risks to people and property.
Primary Focus Areas
• Responsible for implementing and evaluating safety efforts that effectively communicate and support company policies in a consistent manner with a key focus on incident prevention and loss abatement.
• Conduct on-site risk assessments and job hazard analysis to identify potential hazards to our employees, clients, the public and environment.
• Design and implement controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Conduct accident investigations, identify root causes and recommend corrective / preventive actions.
• Determine status of DOT related accidents and ensure all incidents are appropriately reported.
• Establish formal enterprise processes to assure ABM compliance to DOT, FMCSA, state authorities and company policies.
• Complete permits, registrations and authority applications and renewals.
• Ensure the proper branding of company vehicles with DOT/FMCSA numbers
• Develop and/or maintain a driver qualification program to ensure that drivers fully comply with all regulations, including Drug and Alcohol Program.
• Develop and implement fleet safety concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Guide and coordinate with regional and local operation personnel to ensure DQF and vehicle maintenance compliance.
• As the company expert on this subject, assist other departments within the company by providing technical input and insight into regulatory requirements.
• Develop an effective internal notification process that ensures the appropriate, consistent and timely HR and operational response for positive tests.
• Train, educate, monitor and manage driver safety performance and compliance
Update/coordinate updates of safety programs/training content
• Ensures generation and or maintenance of records and reports for DOT, OSHA and HazMat Compliance Safety Inspections and Investigations
• Track, monitor and manage the Company’s Compliance Safety Accountability (CSA) results.
• Analyze vehicle accidents data, trend and devise preventive actions and programs to reduce injuries and liabilities.
• Work fluidly with other EHS Managers, support functions and Operations to drive efficiency within the enterprise.
• Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities, and to ensure compliance with all applicable safety directives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Transportation, Management or a related field is required.
• Minimum 7 - 10 years progressively responsible experience in Transportation / Fleet Management and descriptive program development and improvement.
• CSP / CIH certifications highly preferred.
• Must possess working knowledge of OSHA, FMCSA, and DOT regulations.
• Certified Smith Driver Trainer or equivalent is preferred.
• Ability to effectively lead a large staff of direct / indirect reports, supporting a large multi-state workforce.
• Strong organizational skills and proven experience in project management.
• Strong written / verbal communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
• Skilled in problem solving techniques.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA and DOE regulations.
Atlanta, GA 30319 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)