Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
This position will be based in various locations around Afghanistan. Under the general supervision of the Training Manager, the incumbent directly supports the National Maintenance Strategy institutional knowledge and capacity building efforts. Serves as an embed maintenance trainer and mentor at an Afghan National Defense Security Force (ANDSF) Level 3 (National) and Level 2 (Regional) maintenance facility.
Include but are not limited to:
- Provides Shoulder to Shoulder (S2S) training and sustained mentoring to ANDSF personnel related to self-sustaining maintenance capacity building.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments on ANDSF wheeled vehicle fleet to include; Truck LTV Cargos (Ford), HMMWV variants, Mobile Strike Force and 5-ton Cargo trucks engines and vehicles for such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, and clutches; change filters and oil, and lubricate vehicles and motor driven equipment.
- Supports Incremental CLS Work Order turnover goals to ANDSF National and Regional Maintenance and Supply Support Centers.
- Supports NMS mechanic apprentice program.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in automotive mechanic techniques.
- Performs road test on vehicles.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up activities.
- Observes and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Must have five (5) years’ experience working with ANDSF vehicle types listed above.
- 3 years previous experience serving as a trainer and mentor to foreign security forces.
- Applicants currently in Afghanistan preferred.
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent
- Licenses: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record and valid truck driver’s license from Home of Record.
- Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in supporting automotive mechanical functions at an overseas facility.
- Knowledge of automotive repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- The full-time work location for this position is Afghanistan; an austere and hostile environment.
- Minimum work hours are 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. Work may include nights and weekends (Friday) on short notice.
- Able to walk/stand on level or inclined surfaces for prolonged periods per day, sit for prolonged periods per day, and climb/descend stairs or rough terrain.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting of up to 40lbs; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors.
- Able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees, and reach above/below shoulders. Able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 49 °C (120 °F) during summer, and as low as -9 °C (15 °F) during winter.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from acts of aggression.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.