Job #: R-00032479
Location: Fort Stewart, GA
Category: Technical Trainer
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance Required: Secret
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a LAN/ CompTIA Technical Trainer who possesses at least a DoD Secret clearance. This position will support the Marne Mission/Command Network University (MMCNU) Ft. Stewart, GA providing subject matter expertise in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and maintain a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned. This position will interface with military students to train the latest system curriculum for military training preparedness to setup, configure, operate, and maintain the system in the field. In addition, a successful candidate will use their military training and system experience, combined with their commercial training certifications to inject evolving curriculum with the latest commercial principals, enabling students to sit for commercial exams at the conclusion of training.
Primary Responsibilities: Will act as primary instructor for LAN/ CompTIA Certification courses.
Coordinate with Government customers to identify needs, develop specifications for content of courses, and implement training programs.
Adapt training materials into system-specific curriculum to ensure the training program reflects application features
Develop course materials and determine appropriate training methods or activities.
Update course documentation and user guides on a continuous basis to ensure relevance of system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system usage.
- Perform as primary instructor for CompTIA courses to include A+, Network+, and Security+, CCENT certification courses.
- Classroom set-up to support each individual class. All classrooms maintained in ready-state prior to the start of each day. Books, equipment and supplies are arranged properly for each student and establish an environment conducive to learning.
- Using the “train the trainer” curriculum, instruct participants in classroom lectures, labs, and coaching/tutoring to produce competent trainees for all operational aspects for the assigned C4ISR system.
- Test and evaluate participants to measure their learning progress and the effectiveness of training programs.
- Follow up to determine applicability of course material, including developing criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Prepare After Action Reports (AARs) detailing the training provided and course statistics including number of students, pass/fail ratio, and student end-of-course survey score.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with 2 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must have classroom instructor experience.
- Any certifications to include CCNA, Security+, A+, and Network+, CCENT
- Familiar with US ARMY WIN-T subsystems: SIPR-NIPR Access Point (SNAP), , Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical-Terminal SMART-T), Joint Network Node (JNN), Battalion Command Post Node (BNCPN), POP, SNE, RHN, SATCOM, Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.