General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is supporting the Army’s Regional Training Sites- Medical (RTS-MED). The sites provide training services to Army Reserve medical units, especially to Combat Support Hospitals, other Army component medical units, joint service medical units, and civil authorities (in their disaster assistance and response to weapons of mass destruction roles). A variety of training support is offered from refresher/sustainment training classes, to clinical hands-on training, and includes support to tactical field exercise training across several echelons and functions. These sites offer realistic training on several versions of medical simulators in state of the art facilities and complete tactical deployable medical systems (DEPMEDS). It’s as real as it gets!
We're currently seeking an Lab Instructor for our Camp Parks, CA location. This position plans, coordinates, and conducts training and related instructional programs for customer personnel; demonstrates subject matter expertise/mastery of the course content requirements; demonstrates expertise and proficiency in the methods and techniques for delivery of instruction; provides training and education (T&E) to prepare service members in area of expertise; instructs individuals/teams/units in establishment and reconstitution of DEPMEDs; ensures accountability and maintenance of assigned equipment; provides instruction as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for elementary and advanced examinations of biological and environmental specimens to aid in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and other medical disorders; provides instruction on elementary blood-banking and clinical laboratory procedures in hematology, immunohematology, biochemistry, serology, bacteriology, parasitology, and urinalysis.
- Conducts training sessions and may assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- May assist in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
- May update course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
- Associates Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 2 years of recent experience with the military with at least some of this time as a commissioned, warrant, or noncommissioned officer, with a laboratory AOC/MOS or civilian equivalent qualification and familiarity with military medical systems.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license. Effective communications skills. Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated systems.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.