Join Diplomatic Language Services (DLS), a fast-growing, dynamic company based in the Washington, DC metro area that has provided top-quality language and cultural training and related language services to US government and commercial clients for over 30 years. DLS is currently seeking a skilled IT Support Specialist to be based at our Arlington (Rosslyn) HQ.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. Provides technical support for computers and associated networks. Duties include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Schedules, performs, monitors system backups, and performs data recoveries. Administrates, creates, tests, and sustains operating system and related software. Evaluates vendor products and makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software. Administers licensing, provisioning and documentation of all company-wide software. Diagnoses and resolves issues related to system hardware, operating systems and applications. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations of the IT department;
- Manage Okta Identity cloud services.
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction;
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means;
- Planning and coordination of the installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining Microsoft windows XP, windows 7, 8 ,10 2008 R2 and 2012 operating systems and Network servers;
- (Active Directory) Account management, network rights/permissions, access network shares, password resets;
- Printer setup and deployment;
- VOIP system management;
- SonicWALL firewall experience;
- LogMeIn deployment and accounts management;
- Inventory management (documentation and end of life cycle management); experience with Salesforce highly desirable.
- Experience with any cybersecurity standards like NIST and ability to provide some information security related training or guidance when needed.
- Monitoring the performance and capacity, availability and recoverability of systems
- Scheduling and performing modification, configuration and application testing/installation of new hardware, operating systems and peripherals;
- Monitoring requests including organization, prioritizing, updating, escalating, transitioning, follow up and closing to satisfy performance metrics while meeting deadlines;
- Managing electronic mail credentials, access and use (Office 365 administration);
- Implementing and maintaining all IT policies and goals;
- Serving as the frontline, technical support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware;
- Collaborating with vendors to achieve project goals;
- Researching, collaborating and recommending network solutions that improve efficiency and network security;
- Management of network backups (NAS);
- Management of Information Technology related budget and expense;
- Management of a third-party IT support company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required OR Associate’s Degree and 2 years of related experience;
- Industry certifications and memberships a plus;
- Excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills;
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously.
DLS is a growing company that offers a fun, multicultural environment with good opportunities for professional advancement, and a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please apply online at https://dlsdc.com/company/careers/ or email us your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
DLS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONFORMS TO ALL THE LAWS, STATUTES, AND REGULATIONS CONCERNING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE WOMEN, MINORITIES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND VETERANS TO APPLY TO ALL OF OUR JOB OPENINGS. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENETIC INFORMATION & TESTING, MARITAL STATUS, MILITARY STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED BY LAW. DLS IS A MEMBER OF DHS E-VERIFY PROGRAM.