Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
ICITAP Mounted Police Advisor - Ukraine
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia.
PAE is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAE is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with PAE, it should not be considered an employment relationship with PAE.
PAE is seeking highly qualified personnel to serve as law enforcement advisors (LEA) with expertise as a Certified Instructor who can conduct classroom instruction and hands-on application of Mounted Police training programs for assignment in Ukraine. Advisors will be assigned at the Police Patrol Department in Kyiv, instructing methods related to basic equitation and pubic order/crowd control techniques for mounted officers in coordination with other public order units (i.e., mobile field force, bike, etc.). Mounted instructors will be responsible for evaluating officers’ knowledge and performance, maintain records, and act as a SME in the development of course curriculum jointly between the National Police of Ukraine and ICITAP. In addition, advisors may be deployed in the field to provide mentoring to newly trained officers and conduct project assessments.
- Minimum of 10 years of equine training experience with progressively increasing duties and responsibilities;
- Ability to deal with unexpected difficulties such as equipment failures, facility issues, individual with learning difficulties;
- Advanced knowledge on Mounted Patrol procedures and techniques, with extensive knowledge in equine husbandry and safe management.
- Experience providing law enforcement officers basic mounted police skills training through an adult learning facilitated format;
- Capable of providing analysis of project goals and objectives in the field and offering recommendations for change and improvement;
- Experience in public speaking with the ability to lead effective classroom discussions, and be able to handle a diverse group of police officers;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suit (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust certification from the U.S. DOJ;
- Overseas experience is a plus.
- Ukrainian or Russian Language skills are a plus
Type of Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Period of Performance: 2020-2021
Is this position funded or are we preparing for future funded position? Funded
Embedded fulltime or Part-time? Part-time with deployments ranging from 2-4 weeks.
Is there plus ups, post differential or danger pay? No
Lodging M&IE rate? Yes, full per-diem for TDY
Is Lodging provided by government, Embassy housing? NO
How long are you expecting that this position will last, a year or longer or is this temporary as needed? Part-time for two (2) years.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.