About this role
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of H&S regulatory compliance requirements for U.S. locations. (Local, state/national);
- Support field Operations and Business Unit leadership with the development and implementation of sustainable management strategies to achieve Company H&S management system objectives;
- Support implementation of process safety management programs;
- Facilitate incident investigation and root cause analysis activities to continually reduce risk and improve Company performance;
- Promote the use of Individual risk assessment methodologies to increase awareness of personal safety factors;
- Mentor and coach BU leadership in the use of techniques and employee-centered involvement initiatives that increase employee awareness of their role in ensuring a safe place of work;
- Provide training to employees focused on all aspects of H&S activities and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety Management, Engineering, Science or related field is preferred. Advanced degree and/or professional certification desired. (CSP or CIH Preferred);
- Minimum 5 years H&S experience in a chemical manufacturing, processing or field service-related industry involving chemical handling. Commercial explosives and/or mining industry experience preferred;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365 and Access;
- Preferred Disciplines: Occupational Safety and Health, Health and Safety Management or engineering, PSM;
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player.
What we offer
With over 100 offices globally in 42 countries, we at Brunel are proud to offer this exciting career opportunity. Here at Brunel we offer extraordinary earning potential followed by a very competitive benefit package. We provide the tools for success; world-class training and advanced technology to ensure you succeed within Brunel
Manage, plan, coordinate and direct H&S activities at manufacturing, transport, distribution and field service sites to reduce risk of employee injury, community impact and property loss.
- Vacancy number: PUB220548
- Location: Alabama
- Market: Oil, Gas & Mining
- hours per week: 40
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: Other
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Friday, August 23, 2019