Job ID:2019-9007 LCATFSI - Language Instrctr 2 Work Status Full-Time Regular
Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions.
Why Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The ideal candidate will be responsible for
- Design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive quality management program for the Language Testing Unit.
- Organize and improve test data reporting and analysis to track in-house testing trends and vendor performance on outsourced tests.
- Coordinate test review processes, including responses to test review requests and mediation in cases of test score discrepancies.
- Coordinate testing materials development and refresh.
- Coordinate and conduct validity and reliability studies.
- Assess the need to update test procedures and propose initiatives when appropriate.
- Advise on and draft policies and guidelines related to testing processes and procedures.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language they will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching foreign language with proficiency-based or task-based curricula.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience administering proficiency-based assessments (i.e., DLPT, ACTFL OPI, etc.).
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred.
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred.
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred.
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued.
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community valued.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.