Requisition ID 141872BRDate updated 07/01/2019
The G7 Trainer/Mentor shall be directly responsible for providing TAAM to the G7 OIC, Deputy G7, G3 Air, G3 Fires, and indirectly shall provide TAAM to brigade level staff and subordinate personnel and any other sections as it relates to professional training, development, lessons learned, and professional military education of personnel in the NMB. The G7 shall also be the contract lead for the following:
1) The collection of data and lessons learned which will be utilized in developing training (individual/collective), and professional military education that supports the vision and strategies of the command while improving the warfighting capability.
2) The trainer/mentor is responsible for integrating, forecasting and planning for the use of ground and air fire support assets in support of NMB combat operations. Must possess a basic knowledge in fire support planning, training counterparts on the of close air support (CAS), coordinate for Afghan Tactical Air Coordinator (ATAC) (continuation) training.
3) The development and implementation of new learning methodologies and serves as the subject matter expert (SME) in the development and other mission command collective training. This training may include but is not limited to simulations, scenarios, exercises and other collective training events that enable the NMB.
4) The design, script writing, development, resourcing, and direction and after action review for collective exercises along with other training methods and procedures to replicate the operational environment and meet the desired training requirements. The position will provide assistance during collective training and other designated events including the development of all orders and processes to support the events.
Required Hours:Work may include nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice. Standard will be to conduct training six (6) days per week for up to ten (10) hours per day while at OCONUS work site(s) and a standard 40 hour work week while at CONUS work sites.
Responsibilities: Trainer/Mentor will TAAM counterparts on duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Trains the NMB G7 Officer to assess, plan/develop, coordinate, prepare, and execute training plans and exercises that support NMB’s METL and Mission
- Implement and administer the Train-the-Trainer program, and then monitor NMB trainer progress
- Regularly interacts with US military personnel
- Based on circumstances unique to respective work locations, the trainer is responsible for making on the scene decisions as to training focus and integration with US military plan for development
- The G7 Trainer has an expeditionary role and may perform Expeditionary Train, Advise and Assist (ETAA) in support of the NMB
- Former US Army, USMC E/8/CW3/O3 with at least 6 years of experience.
- Previous Military Occupational Skill of 13F, 13A, 18 series or service equivalent
- Must have successfully served in Command and/or Staff positions at the Battalion, Brigade/Group/Regiment, Division, and/or CTC level as an operations officer or NCO, planner, or other key staff positions involving military training management as well as working knowledge of Professional Military Education (PME) development as it pertains to Soldier and leader development
- Should have previous deployment experience in Afghanistan
- Possess knowledge and technical expertise with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Competent with operating Personal Computer (PC) Skills
- Willing to assist the team and teammates to accomplish mission requirements in other areas outside the scope of work, for short duration
- Twelve months working in Afghanistan
- Excellent Leadership, Interpersonal, and People Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Project Management Ability and Skills
- Must possess a US Passport with at least 6 months of remaining eligibility
- Must be able to obtain an Afghanistan Visa
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Include but are not limited to the wear of body armor and helmet Personal Protective Gear, unassisted lifting and carrying of duffle bags not exceed the weight of 70 lbs per piece, and the unassisted movement over uneven terrain.
- Must be willing to work and live in Afghanistan with an understanding that there could be further assignments to any location in Afghanistan based upon the needs of the U.S. Government, to include hostile and austere areas.
- Must be able to attend and pass USG deployment requirements at CONUS Replacement Center (CRC), Fort Bliss, Texas or equivalent location.
- Must meet the medical requirements for the position being offered as determined by a pre-employment medical screening and in accordance with published CRC and USCENTCOM medical deployment standards.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to eight (8) hours per day and sit for up to three (3) hours per day.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Employee will be required to work and live in a potentially hostile environment, at remote locations, and under austere conditions.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, under extreme weather conditions, within a hostile environment.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other acts of aggression associated with this region.
- Contractor personnel shall comply with all theater command policies, regulations, and General Orders. All tours are unaccompanied
- Refrain from using alcohol/substances inappropriately—abide by CENTCOM’s General Order #1
Required Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited school & six (6) years of related experience, OR four (4) years related experience with Master's degree. Eight (8) years of additional equivalent work experience (14 total years) may be accepted in lieu of BA/BS education requirement.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Training & Development
Type Of Job