GDIT has an immediate opening for an experienced Fiber Optic Cable Instructor in support of Fleet training.
Develops; organizes; and conducts Fiber Optics repair and maintenance training and educational programs for Fleet sailors at Center for Surface Combat Systems CSCS DET EAST Norfolk, VA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and laboratory support.
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Fiber Optic repair and maintenance in support of Navy Combat Systems Capabilities.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and repair procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of Fiber Optic Repair and Maintenance course of instruction.
- Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Reviews and updates course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; certifications; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains own certification and current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Five (5) years of experience with the required system as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the five years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
NEC 9502 and past experience as Fiber Optic Instructor a major plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.