Company The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1800013647Date posted 02/26/2018
Saint Louis;Missouri;United States~Chicago;Illinois;United States~North Charleston;South Carolina;United States~
Provide expert level executive coaching to senior business leaders and teams, strengthening leadership capabilities and team effectiveness, inspiring leaders to maximize their personal and professional potential. The Executive Coach identifies opportunities to enhance key individual or organizational performance and tailors coaching sessions. Focus on helping others in areas including interpersonal skills, relationship building, executive presence and impact, change leadership and transitions. With an understanding of adult development, personality, and psychological theories and methodologies, the Executive Coach helps increase self-awareness and situational understanding, change behavior and achieve goals.
In addition to coaching engagements, the Executive Coach will assist in execution of coaching and leadership development initiatives and provide thought leadership and facilitation support, and establish learning strategies. This role will occasionally contribute to curriculum development and reviews course content and instructional materials, researching and identifying new technologies and methodologies. Occasionally perform as a lead instructor in one or more specialized content areas.
In consideration of the Executive Coach’s particular areas of skill and interest, and in consultation with other members of the internal executive coaching team, the Executive Coach will take lead responsibility for one or more aspects of leading operation of Boeing’s Executive Coaching Practice, such as: strengthening the internal team’s operating processes and/or performance of coaching core competencies; designing and assessing measures of success; developing enhanced materials to support clients and inform potential clients; serving as liaison to external suppliers of executive coaching services; advising leadership development practitioners and human resources business leaders on effective utilization of executive coaching; advising others on effective utilization of developmental assessment tools; or guiding the efforts of business analysts or program planners engaged in supporting the Executive Coaching Practice.
- Provides individual leadership coaching and team coaching in areas such as new leader transitions, high-potential and/or developmental coaching and team effectiveness.
- Support coaching skills training initiatives, with occasional facilitation of programs and/or activities for managers and HRGs.
- Provides thought leadership in the development of coaching protocols and materials that further the evolution of a culture of coaching, including involvement with the Leadership Coaching Community of Excellence.
- Builds relationships with leaders, developing solid understanding of organizational structures, systems and processes.
- Provides a compilation of development themes gathered from coaching sessions and suggests new ways for meeting those needs, and suggesting improvements to coaching processes and programs.
- Possesses deep knowledge in own areas of expertise, as well as sufficient breadth and flexibility to perform varied duties of the role.
- Assists others in using self-assessment, evaluations and multi-source feedback as a means of supporting individual and/or cultural change.
- Receives general direction rather than supervision. Work is reviewed for results achieved
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Human Resources & Admin
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- International Coach Federation (ICF) credential as defined by ICF website's credentialed coach directory
- Experience with leadership and team assessments
- Experience teaching, coaching and developing others
- Practiced leadership coaching within a business, corporate or organizational environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- More than 5 years experience interacting with (coaching, advising, partnering) with leaders at all levels (first line up to executive level)
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Depth and demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in the analysis of personality assessments and behavioral assessments, both single-rater and multi-rater , to determine, identify and evaluate patterns in personal / leader development.
- Executive presence and maturity in the tradecraft of leadership coaching sufficient to address a wide range of executive-level client needs, such as by adjusting the coach’s approach to suit different clients’ personalities and/or by utilizing competently a range of models, tools, and frameworks to support client progress.
- Advanced degree in field relevant to leadership coaching, such as psychology, education, organization development, or management
- Experience designing and employing leadership development programs and/or curriculum
- Specific familiarity with the Hogan Assessment and Leadership Circle 360
- At least 500 hours of leadership coaching experience (as defined by ICF) within a business, corporate or organizational environment
- Ability to manage client relationships and progress for as many as 25-50 clients simultaneously.
Typical education and experience:
Bachelor's and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award