Job #: R-00032765
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Category: Environmental Health And Safety
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 75% of the time
Potential for Telework: Yes
Clearance Required: None
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Trainer with Electrical Safety expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The function of this position will be providing support to the FAA’s Electrical Safety Programs. Among your responsibilities will be assisting in the development and continual updating of course materials with your primary focus being the instruction of FAA personnel throughout the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) in electrical safety and lockout/tagout ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, standards and FAA orders.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Providing instruction and practical training in order to create an engaging learning experience during assigned classes in accordance with FAA/NISC policies.
- Updating course materials (as needed) ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Performing other professional duties to support the Electrical Safety Program as assigned.
Note: This is a virtual/travel position. Candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
Typical education and experience:
Typically requires BS degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to communicate technical information to participants of all experience levels, e.g., electricians, maintenance personnel, and engineers.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, NFPA 70E and DOT/FAA regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Proficient in public speaking for delivery of course materials along with solid written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior DOT and/or FAA experience is desired.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.