English Language Instructor providing English language training to soldiers within the Afghan Air Force utilizing the Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC) American Language Course material.
- Plan, design and deliver customized programs based on the DLIELC to foster maximum learning opportunities.
- Create lesson plans, presentations, visual aids and other training material as required.
- Deliver classroom-based training to students of varying proficiencies.
- Set up, rearrange, improvise and maintain training spaces as required.
- Maintain ability to deploy and work in Afghanistan over the course of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluent English Speaker.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word programs.
- Knowledge of web-based development tools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/ interruptions.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), English, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related disciplines.
- If the Bachelor’s Degree is in any field other than those listed, the Instructor must provide proof of completing a TESOL or TEFL Instructor training course, to include a minimum of 120 hours of instruction.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, five years as an English Language Instructor with a teacher certification is acceptable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening; subsequent random screening per antidrug and alcohol misuse prevention program requirements.
- Austere living and working conditions, with long hours and exposure to harsh weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of requirements to mobilize on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ARMA Aviation is an EEO/AAP employer.