The Electrical/Power Generation Instructor is a full-time, exempt position working on the ETSC contract in support of the Afghan National Army Engineer School (ANAES) in Mazir-e Sharif, Afghanistan. The Electrical/Power Generation instructor will conduct planning, preparation, resourcing, and direct mentorship for Programs of Instruction (POI) for the ANAES. The instructor will provide students with an understanding of basic electrical concepts including electrical measurements, electrical theory, an understanding of how common electrical components work and electrical safety concepts so that the students have the knowledge and skills to install and maintain electrical equipment on military facilities.
- Retired or former military officers (including Noncommissioned Officer, Commissioned Officer, Warrant Officer) or civilian equivalency with extensive experience working in a military construction engineer unit.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Electrical/Power Generation and an aptitude and ability to provide instruction to Afghan soldiers with interpreter assistance.
- Proficient in training and instruction, encompassing a variety of complex military and civilian related subjects, in both classroom and field environments.
- Must be able to develop and provide training from both government-provided and contractor developed training Programs of Instruction (POIs). Perform continuous quality improvements to the current POIs.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include PowerPoint, Microsoft, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have valid US passport with at least one year remaining eligibility and must be a US citizen.
- Required to successfully complete CRC for deployment to Afghanistan.
- Successfully pass a background check for CAC and other access pass/badge requirements.
- Must be willing to work and live in Afghanistan with an understanding that there could be further assignments to any location in Afghanistan based upon the needs of the U.S. Government, to include hostile and austere areas.
- Must meet the medical requirements for the position being offered as determined by a pre-employment medical screening and in accordance with published CRC and USCENTCOM medical deployment standards.
- Must be able wear body armor and helmet Personal Protective Gear, unassisted lifting and carrying of duffle bags not exceed the weight of 70 lbs. per piece, and the unassisted movement over uneven terrain.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, under extreme weather conditions, within a hostile environment.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from aircraft, hostile fire, and other acts of aggression associated with this region.
- Must comply with all theater command policies, regulations, and General Orders. All tours are unaccompanied.
- Refrain from using alcohol/substances inappropriately—abide by CENTCOM’s General Order #1.
PULAU is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.