JOB ID: 529014BRDate posted: Jun. 04, 2020City: LiverpoolState: New York
Description:The candidate will be a member of the Global Sustainment Courseware, Training, and Technical Publications team supporting the TPQ-53 Product Line as part of the Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors Market Segment in Liverpool, NY.
Responsible for development and maintenance of instructor led training material for the TPQ-53 Product Line, including both US Army and international customers. Additional responsibilities include course conduct and support for technical publication efforts.
Develops new radar maintenance and operation courses and updates existing course material for domestic and international customers. Course material includes O-Level, I-Level, and Depot Level Maintenance. Apply instructional system design best practices and contractual requirements for institutional training, training materials, and sustainment training. Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training and associated course material as directed and defined in Technical Instructions. Determines course content and student learning objectives; prepares course syllabi, lesson plans, and student manuals. Evaluates engineering data and technical documentation and makes appropriate updates to course material. Generates technical documentation to support maintenance and operational tasks. Works effectively with customer training representatives in all aspects of training analysis and development.
Conducts formal technical training for domestic and international customer representatives, including but not limited to Radar Operation, O-Level Maintenance, System Troubleshooting, and Depot Maintenance. Training conduct consists of classroom lecture, bench level lab exercises, and full system operation and maintenance/troubleshooting lab exercises. Coordinates all aspects or preparing the classroom, lab space, and support personnel for training events. Maintains class records; writes, administers, and scores tests. Counsels students and evaluates student performance for both written and practical exams. Works effectively with customer training representatives in all aspects of training preparation and conduct. May require domestic and international travel.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, depot manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials. Coordinates and conducts customer witnessed validation and verification events, including hands-on running of operation and maintenance procedures.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience developing technical training material and conducting technical training with classroom lecture and lab exercises
- Experience conveying complex technical information effectively and succinctly in a written and verbal form.
- Experience with interpretation, paraphrase, and rewrite engineering source data into a form suitable for the customer.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office software suite.
- Experience in acquiring and verifying subject matter content by interviewing workers engaged in developing products and services, observing production methods, referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications.
- Experience in establishing and implementing quality assurance procedures and records.
- Experience in using and applying clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions.
- Experience with writing technical content for procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications that describes the installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment.
- Experience in defining required graphics, photographs, tables, figures, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to learn text editors and markup languages.
- Army Certified Instructor
- Other US Military branch Certified Instructor
- Expertise developing training following DoD standards such as Army Regulation 350-1 and TRADOC 350-70 desired
- Instructional System Design development experience
- Expertise developing SCORM compliant training following ADDIE
- Experience operating and/or maintaining ground based short range air defense and counterfire radars
- Familiar with Adobe Captivate
- Ability to write with XML and SGML editors, primarily Arbortext
- MIL-STD-2361 / MIL-STD-40051
- S1000D specification
- XML or SGML Authoring
- XML/XSLT knowledge
- CECOM IETM development tool
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: LogisticsClearance Level: SecretType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/dayShift: First