Location: Fort Hunter Liggett, California, USA
Job Number: R0088009
Support the development and shaping of long-range and near-term planning, guidance, and operational assessment (OA) exercises. Coordinate with the client service component and other services, functional, and component planners on long-range plans and analyze mission command. Perform exercise development tasks to complement team efforts to design plan properly, prepare, coordinate, and execute assigned exercises and training events, as necessary, coordinate with commands for their participation and support, and assist training divisions, as directed. Analyze concept development, initial planning, mid planning, and final planning conferences for assigned exercises, as directed. Prepare briefings and other required materials, including events to support the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL). Serve as an analyst for a scenario, observer, trainer, or analyst support cell during event execution, as required. Leverage Army operations and training expertise, including military doctrine, current tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and force structure to incorporate training units into the exercise.
- 4+ years of experience with tactical or operational planning
- 2+ years of experience with exercise planning
- Experience with emerging threats, including the principles, methods, planning, and applicable force structure to design exercises that meet doctrinal requirements
- Knowledge of the Force Management System Website (FMS Web), Combined Arms Training Strategy (CATS), Army Training Network (ATN), Digital Training Management System (DTMS), and Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and Mission Command Systems (MCS)
- Experience with deployments or overseas service in OCONUS regions
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Completion of a foundational instructor or facilitator course or ability to successfully complete the Booz Allen facilitator training course and Certification within 120 days of hire
- Experience with developing, editing, and contributing to complex exercise directives and operations orders at the top level as a Force Protection Planner
- Experience in exercise planning with the United States Army Reserve
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Handheld Detectors, EW/CREW, Cyber, Unmanned Ground Vehicles, Site Exploitation, Biometrics, COIST, C-UAS
- Knowledge of the Force Management System Website (FMS Web), Combined Arms Training Strategy (CATS), Army Training Network (ATN), Digital Training Management System (DTMS), and Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS)
- Knowledge of multi-domain battle concepts
- Knowledge of the Global Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (G-TSCMIS)
- BA or BS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.