The Aviation Simulator Instructor Operator will provide aviation instruction and simulator operation at the simulator sites for the UH-60 Blackhawk Aviation Trainer (BAT).
There are two openings at this location. One is for a full-time position and the second opening is a temporary position starting in October 2019. The temporary position is to fill in for an employee who will be out on extended military leave, for approximately 1 year.
Aviation instruction shall include:
- Instruction on all base and mission tasks IAW the appropriate Aircrew Training Manual (ATM),
- Apart academic evaluation topics as listed in the ATM,
- Mission scenario development,
- Instrument training/evaluation,
- Crew coordination and collective training.
- 3 years related experience required.
- Qualified as an Instructor Pilot in the UH-60 Blackhawk Aviation Trainer (BAT) aircraft simulator and an Instrument Examiner (IE) and Instructor/Operator (I/O), or have documented three years of experience as an Aviation Simulator I/O in the required aircraft device.
- Prior experience training or operating with Army Aviation (or Military Equivalent).
- Possible travel to other CONUS installations where simulators are fielded or deployed or where a unit is conducting extended training operations, such as New Equipment Training or Mobilization Training; or to the simulator’s original equipment manufacturer (OEM) facility to receive initial training.
- Periodically the transportable simulators may be moved to support training temporarily.
- The I/O will move with the simulator.
- May be required to enter into Temporary Duty (TDY) at another location to support required training.
- Travel required when assigned simulator is moved and used at a different location.
- Travel required in order to participate in Unit Fielding Training Programs (UFTP) with their assigned simulators.
- Able to obtain/maintain a secret clearance.
- US citizenship required.