Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, Internal Medicine (Part-Time, NTE) (College of Medicine-Phx) Posting Number req2752 Department COM Phx Internal Medicine Department Website Link College of Medicine-Phoenix Medical Sub-Speciality Location Greater Phoenix Area Address 475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA Position Highlights
The Department of Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, seeks a pharmacist for clinical research and clinical data analytics in pharmacogenomics.
Candidates must have prior experience in clinical pharmacogenomics and the implementation of large pharmacogenomic projects. Experience in publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts is required.
Applicants must possess a PharmD or equivalent.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimize health and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an extramural funded project in pharmacogenomics, with an emphasis on transplant medicine.
- Assist in interpretation and consults in pharmacogenomic medicine.
- Publish research findings in leading journals.
- Develop collaborations with pertinent faculty within the college and partner institutions.
- Contribute to the teaching and service missions of the college.
- Engage in external academic and professional activities.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
- PharmD degree or equivalent.
- Experience in clinical informatics and analytics.
- Postdoctoral experience in the area of research, and experience commensurate with appointment at the rank of assistant professor.
- Demonstrated scholarly accomplishment in research.
- Demonstrated experience in pharmacogenomic implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and delivering on extramural grants, particularly in the area of pharmacogenomics.
- User, technical and programming experience in electronic health records.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Prior teaching experience with Medical and/or graduate students.
- Assistant Professor
- Non-Career-Track (NTE)
- To Be Determined
Full Time/Part Time
- Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
- No Benefits
Rate of Pay
- AAMC for Public Schools PhD, Depending on Experience
- salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required:
- Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates
- College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
- Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
- Faculty selected for this teaching opportunity will be required to obtain faculty status within the appropriate academic department. This will include obtaining letters of recommendation and review by the appropriate College review committee.
- At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.