Requisition ID 158976BRDate updated 03/12/2020
Army Aviation BN Coach
This position is Part Time/On Call working for the National Training Center Training Support Contract (NTCTSC) at the National Training Center (NTC). NTCTSC brings to bear the full capabilities of many of the world’s best systems integration and engineering companies in the technical integration of live, virtual and constructive (LVC) training support. The NTCTSC is located at Fort Irwin, CA in the Mojave Desert approximately forty miles northeast of Barstow, CA. NTCTSC operations support the NTC mission to provide realistic joint and combined arms training and is focused on developing soldiers, leaders, and units of the United States military for success on the 21st Century Battle Field. If selected, you can expect to travel to Fort Irwin, CA on an as needed basis to support training rotations for approximately 10 days per rotation, 10 times per year. Travel expenses will be paid.
The Leadership Training Program (LTP) Team regularly exercises independent judgment providing oversight, supervision, and training of the LTP Coaches that teach, coach, and mentor brigade and battalion commanders and lead them through a program of tactical instruction that will prepare them to conduct tactical offensive, defensive, and stability operations as part of BCT Decisive Action.
- Works under the direction of the LTP Team Lead.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Aviation battalion commander and staff.
- Provide a tailored program to prepare the battalion for operational planning to assist the leadership in meeting their rotational requirements.
- Monitors all LTP training reports to ensure efficient and effective training is provided to all LTP customers.
- Remain current in respective functional skills.
- Collects data, prepares and submits administrative reports as required in a timely manner.
- Designs and prepares training scenarios.
- Conducts analysis, provides feedback, reviews, edits, and approves Unit Take Home Packages (THPs) for home station use at the end of each LTP event.
- Must possess a working knowledge of current Warfighting technology to enable and facilitate coaching the use of capabilities by the training unit.
- Executes virtual, constructive, and gaming workstation commands during CPXs.
- Executes developed procedures for the collection, analysis, and display of rotational training data at the National Training Center (NTC) to include providing input and assistance with AARs.
- Ensures compatibility of Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP), Rules of Engagement (ROE), and emerging missions and actions through coordination with in-theatre units.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed in order to maintain positive customer relations/communications and meet contractual requirements.
- Military Education Level 4 (MEL 4) OR ILE equivalent.
- This position requires 8 years of experience in planning, preparing, and executing military field training exercises while in Aviation battalions.
- Also required is a Brigade/Regimental level assignment(s).
- Knowledge of computer operations to include Microsoft Office applications, Windows Operating System.
- Experience in all war fighting functions and their roles supporting combined arms maneuver and wide area security.
- This position requires company & BN Command experience.
- Familiarity with the NTC geography.
- Preference shall be given to experience in a U.S. Army Battalion/Brigade/Division Staff.
- Selected candidate must be familiar with California Department of Labor laws, and adhere to and enforce Company and Site Manager Directives, memoranda, policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain post driving privileges.
- Must be able to obtain Military licenses & Night Vision certification if required and travel off road in company vehicles and military tactical vehicles if required.
- Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) to utilize government operating systems.
- Must have a current or active DoD security clearance and meet other eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 40lbs and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Capable of utilizing investigative/fact finding processes.
- Capable of identifying, diagnosing, and analyzing problems and formulating recommendations, solutions and alternative methods.
- Must be able to effectively work in a high stress, fast-paced, technical work environment.
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist both associates and peers with duties/requests.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills for interfacing with military and civilian personnel.
Physical/Mental Abilities Required:
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time under stressful conditions as well as adapt to an ever changing work environment.
- The highest level of confidentiality and professionalism is required.
- Must be able to hike 2 miles in 40 minutes carrying individual water supply/camelback.
- Office environment; occasionally required to work outdoors in a desert environment.
- Frequent exposure to dust, desert pollen, extreme heat and cold associated with desert and natural conditions existing on Fort Irwin.
- Applicants must be willing to work any shift to include weekends, overtime and holidays.
- Travel may be required (CONUS/OCONUS) and could potentially be the entire period of performance.
Equipment/ Tools Used:
- Common office equipment: Computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line telephone, motor vehicle and the Radio Communication System (RCS).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Training & Development
Type Of Job
CA - Ft. Irwin